How do I know what I think until I see what I say?
At times in our lives, we may feel at a loss. We believe that the therapeutic conversation offers a rich and transformative opportunity to deepen our self-knowledge and acceptance of who we are.
Some common reasons to see a psychotherapist:
- Looking for support and understanding during stressful and challenging life situations such as separation, divorce, job loss, retirement and bereavement
- Coping with anxiety, depression, relationship concerns and addictions
- Addressing low self-esteem, lack of self-confidence, social anxiety, destructive patterns of behaviour and feelings of guilt and shame
- Coming to terms with traumatic experiences such as emotional, physical or sexual abuse, early loss or neglect, and painful family relationships
- Searching for deeper meaning and purpose in order to enjoy a more satisfying life
What To Expect When You Meet With Your Therapist
You will meet with your therapist in a safe, quiet and private space, away from the demands of your day-to-day life. You will be invited to share your story and explore your thoughts, feelings, concerns, fears as well as your fantasies, longings and dreams. Your therapist will listen in a particular way, actively and without judgment. You will work together to make greater sense of your own experience and to hear yourself in a new and meaningful way.